TORNADO WATCH in effect until 8 p.m. | News
DENVER – Prepare for Round Two.
A Tornado Watch is in effect until 8 p.m. Thursday for the Denver metro area and several counties on Colorado’s eastern plains.
Counties included in the watch are Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Jefferson, Larimer, Logan, Morgan, Washington and Weld.
The potential for severe weather comes a day after heavy rain, hail and several possible tornadoes hit the south and eastern metro area.
Upcoming Events near Capitol Hill
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police release sketch of suspect wanted in fatal LoDo concert beating case
- Denver police looking for man who tried to abduct girl
- Coroner IDs man stabbed to death in Denver; Police have no suspects
- Cat lost for 5 weeks after Denver fire reunited with family
- 100 year prison sentence for man who advertised child porn
- Brothers enter guilty pleas in quintuple homicide at Fero’s Bar
- Police on the lookout for BUI: Boating Under the Influence
- Gun groups rally, hand out high-capacity mags on eve of new law
- Second boat accident in 2 days hospitalizes two people
- Safeway 5th Annual Media Bagging Challenge Competition Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign
- University of Denver warns about date-rape drugs after 3 assaults
- Police look for suspect in attack on female jogger in Denver
- Two Denver children missing for 24 hours found safe
- Residents sound alarm about possible imposter knocking on their doors
- 2 arrests made in Washington Park crime spree; Police warn residents to stay alert